By 2020, 75% of users will have at least one smart speaker in their home based on Microsoft’s 2019 Voice Report and currently 72% have used voiced search.
What are people using it for?
- 68% of people search for quick facts
- 65% of people look up directions
- 52% of people search for a product or service
- 44% of people do additional research for products and services
- 31% of people compare products and services
This is interesting news for retailers as it won’t be long before people expect to purchase through voice.
Interested in how to optimise your site for voice? Google’s John Mueller has provided some answers on this in a recent youtube video.