Your website is open 24/7, 365 days a year AND is the number one sales tool for your business. So even though each business is unique, it’s important to have a great online description of what you do and make sure you include the must-have pages for your website – new or existing.
The homepage is the page most people will see first, and therefore, should tell everyone who you are and what your company does or you do. You need to be able to capture your audience within seconds as well as have a well-designed, quick loading and professional looking site.
- Short description of what you do
- Explain your products or services
- Videos and images – real life are better than stock
- Social proof – testimonials are great
- Calls to Actions. CTAs allow your customers to delve deeper into your site.
An about page is one of the most visited pages on every site. Furthermore, people want to know who you are and who they will be working with. This is your chance to make yourself more personable with your audience and a reason for your audience to go with you over another company.
- A summary of your company
- Pictures of staff
- Special achievements or awards
- Company history – how long have you been open?
Why have a website if you aren’t telling your customers what you provide? Your audience surely wants to know what you do and they want to understand why they should choose you over someone else.
- A list of products/services available
- Short descriptions of each item
- Reviews on products if you have them (real reviews entice others)
Contact Us page
A customer might have a question before purchasing from you where if you don’t provide a clear way to contact you, you may lose a potential customer as a result. Equally important are the contact details should also sit on your footer of the page to allow visibility at all times.
- A real photo of your company/store
- Phone number
- Physical address
- Email address
Other pages to consider
When building your site, make sure you ask yourself some important questions like:
- What pages do I need on my website?
- Is a company blog or news section needed?
- Do I have terms and conditions which need to be viewed?
- What other information is important to tell our customers?
As a result of answering these questions, you will have a clearer picture of the pages you need to include. For example:
- News page
- Blog page
- Events page
- Search engine
- Terms and Conditions
- Careers / Jobs
- Newsletter subscription
However, starting with these must-have pages above is a great start to building your website and optimising your site for your audience.
Need a website or some advice starting one? We can help you! Get in touch through our form or call us on 1300 AUS WEB.